Iowa State University, the University of Minnesota and Hubbard Feeds are hosting a free, day-long swine production seminar at the Expo Center in Spirit Lake, IA.
No registration is required. A noon meal is included.
Registration is at 9:30 a.m., followed by at 10 a.m. “A Pork Industry Update: Are We Going to Feed the World?” by Chris Novak, CEO of the National Pork Board.
Other scheduled talks include:
- Tim Loula, DVM, Swine Vet Center, St. Peter, MN, “Staying On Top: Key Production and Health Strategies You Need to Consider.”
- Producer presentation on “Extraordinary Performance: Producers Who Have Met the Challenge.”
- Moe Russell, president of the Russell Consulting Group, “Making Decisions During Volatile Markets: When Do You Pull the Trigger?”
- John Patience, Iowa State University, “Taking Advantage of Feeding Alternative Ingredients: What Are the Limits?”
- Tom Koch, training specialist, Hubbard Feeds, “Keeping the Engine Running: Key Factors That Affect Employee Performance.”