The United States Department of Agriculture has announced a series of farm bill stakeholder meetings beginning next week. The purpose of the meetings is to share information with stakeholders concerning the 2014 farm bill implementation process.
Meeting dates and times:
- March 11, 9:30 am: Local & Regional Food Systems with multiple USDA agencies
- March 11, 3:00 pm: Natural Resources Conservation Service
- March 12, 2:00 pm: Research, Education and Economics Mission Area,
- March 12, 4:00 pm: Food, Nutrition and Consumer Services Mission Area
- March 13, 10:00 am: Food Safety Mission Area
- March 13, 1:00 pm: Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service, Animal Welfare Stakeholders by teleconference
- March 13, 2:00 pm: Rural Economic Development, Rural Development Mission Area
- March 13, 2:30 pm: Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service General Listening Session by teleconference
- March 13, 3:30 pm: Energy and the Bioeconomy with multiple USDA agencies
- March 13, 4:00 pm: Office of Advocacy and Outreach, Room 108-A, Whitten
- March 17, 1:00 pm: U.S. Forest Service Listening Session by webinar and teleconference
- March 27, 9:00 am: Joint Farm Service Agency/Risk Management Agency Listening Session, USDA Jefferson Auditorium
The sessions will be held in Room 107-A, Whitten Building, Washington, DC unless otherwise indicated. For additional information contact USDA Office of External and Intergovernmental Affairs, at 202-720-6643.
You might also like: