The six day-long meetings will focus on helping pork producers improve profitability, as well as address the long-term sustainability of the pork industry.
Prairie Swine Centre will be hosting a series of pork producers throughout Canada. The six day-long meetings will focus on helping pork producers improve profitability, as well as address the long-term sustainability of the pork industry.
Featured speakers from Prairie Swine Centre staff and topics include:
- Research Profits Everyone – Helping to Improve Your Bottom Line, Lee Whittington.
- Managing the Cost of Production through Nutrition, Denise Beaulieu.
- Being Energy Wise – Impact of Heating Systems and Water Conservation, Bernardo Predicala.
- Loading and Transporting Pigs – Reducing Stress on People and Pigs, Jennifer Brown.
In addition, Elanco Animal Health, cosponsors of the events, will provide a research update.
Dates, locations, registration contacts and deadlines include:
- Feb. 28, Arden Park Hotel, Stratford, ON – Email Steve Thomas at email@example.com or phone: (519) 301‐6010; Feb. 24 deadline.
- March 2, Travelodge Hotel, Saskatoon, SK – Don Down:
Email Don Down at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (204) 981‐5017; Feb. 29 deadline.
- March 13, Sandman Hotel, Lethbridge, AB – E‐mail Sheila Hillmer at Hillmer_sheila@elanco.com or phone (403) 394-5798; March 9 deadline.
- March 14, Holiday Inn, Red Deer, AB –E‐mail Jaime Serrano at email@example.com or phone (403)348.1607; March 9 deadline.
- April 17, William Glesby Centre, Portage la Prairie, MB; E‐mail Scott Atkins at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (204) 394.5798; April 13 deadline.
- April 18, Heritage Centre, Niverville, MB – E‐mail Scott Atkins at email@example.com or phone (204) 394.5798; April 13 deadline.
All meetings will begin 10:30 a.m. and conclude at 4 p.m. Lunch is included. Pork producer organizations in their various provinces – Sask Pork, Alberta Pork, Manitoba Pork, Ontario Pork – support the respective meetings.
For additional information about this seminar series contact Ken Engele at the Prairie Swine Centre (306) 667-7439.