Agriculture Secretary Mike Johanns has announced five appointments to the 15-member National Pork Board.
Each will serve three-year terms effective July 1. New board members were chosen from among eight nominees by the National Pork Act Delegate Body during the Pork Board’s annual meeting in March.
- Wayne Peugh, Edelstein, IL, second term; owner of a 2,500-sow, farrow-to-finish operation;
- Brian Zimmerman, Beatrice, NE, first term; owns and operates a farrow-to-finish operation and manages Zimmerman Hog Farms, a farrow-to-finish family swine corporation;
- Deborah Johnson, Clinton, NC, second term; marketing manager for Cape Fear Farm Credit;
- Carol Hein, Spickard, MO, first term; marketing programs coordinator for Premium Standard Farms, a 212,000-sow, farrow-to-finish operation; and
- Lynn Harrison, Elk Mound, WI, second term; owner of a 10,000-head feeder pig finishing operation.
Each appointee will be assigned to one of three committees within the Pork Board – budget, audit or administrative.