Five regional meetings across Iowa in June will address environmental regulation concerns.
Des Moines attorney Eldon McAfee will discuss requirements for new construction and understanding Iowa livestock regulations.
Iowa State University (ISU) agricultural engineer Jeff Lorimor will explain balancing nutrients and answer the question: "What is a CNMP (Comprehensive Nutrient Management Plan)?"
Iowa Pork Industry Center (IPIC) waste management specialist Wendy Powers will speak on air quality and monitoring.
ISU Extension field staff will review Iowa manure management plans.
Programs run two hours, are free and no preregistration is required. For more details, contact the Iowa Pork Producers Association at 800-372-7675 or log onto www.iowapork.org.
Locations and times are:
- June 11, 1 p. m., Carroll, The Carrolltown Inn;
- June 11, 7 p.m., Sheldon, Northwest Iowa Community College;
- June 12, 7 p.m., Latimer, Community Center;
- June 16, 7 p.m., Winthrop, St. Patrick’s Church, and
- June 17, Washington, Knights of Columbus Hall.