The 2011 Employee Management Conference, Nov. 17-18 at the Sheraton West Des Moines Hotel, is designed to help swine managers deal with the challenges of managing human resources.
The two-day program covers:
- The do’s and don’ts of hiring and firing;
- Helping your employees be the best they can be;
- Being an emotionally intelligent leader;
- Turning conflict into collaboration;
- Surviving as a manager;
- Improving performance through coaching; and
- Conducting successful on-the-job training;
The Pork Checkoff-sponsored conference will also feature “Protecting the farm Business,” Mitigating the Risk of Undercover Videos. To help other producers manage image and legal risk, a panel of pork producers will share their experiences dealing with undercover videos.
To attend, call (800) 456-PORK or go online at www.pork.org .