Eight webinars delving into group sow housing options are being presented by Pork Checkoff this spring.
The free, 45-minute webinars begin at 1 p.m. central standard time and provide an opportunity to ask questions following the presentations.
The webinars consist of:
- March 26: Group Housing Systems: Choices and Designs – Don Levis, Levis Worldwide Swine Consultancy;
- March 28: Forming Sow Groups – Rob Knox, University of Illinois;
- April 2: Floor-Space Allocation and Group Size – Harold Gonyou, Prairie Swine Centre (retired);
- April 4: Genetic Considerations – Ken Stalder, Iowa State University;
- April 9: Feeding Practices – Joel DeRouchey, Kansas State University;
- April 11: Production Flow and Management – Ron Bates, Michigan State University;
- April 16: New and Conversion Construction – Jay Harmon, Iowa State University; and
- April 18: Economics of Sow Housing Conversion – Steve McWilliams, McWilliams Agribusiness, Inc.
Archived sessions and related fact sheets will be posted on www.pork.org/sowhousing.
For more information on the webinars, contact Sherrie Niekamp at the National Pork Board at SNiekamp@pork.org, (515) 223-3533.
For more information on sow housing, visit www.pork.org/sowhousing.