Iowa State University Extension and Outreach, in cooperation with the Iowa Department of Natural Resources (DNR), will offer manure applicator certification workshops for dry/solid manure operators at eight locations in Iowa during February. These workshops meet manure applicator certification requirements for both confinement site manure applicators and commercial manure applicators in the state who primarily apply dry or solid manure.
“The information in this workshop will benefit not only those needing certification, but anyone using dry or solid sources of manure as a nutrient resource,” said Angie Rieck-Hinz, coordinator of the Iowa Manure Applicator Certification Program.
The workshops are free to attend and open to all. Applicators will be required to submit certification forms and fees to the Iowa DNR to meet manure applicator certification requirements.
Please register for one of the workshops by calling the number listed with the selected site. All workshops begin at 1 p.m.
- Feb. 5, Sioux County Extension Office, Orange City. Call (712) 737-4230 to register.
- Feb. 10, Branding Iron Restaurant, Thompson. Call (641) 584-2261 to register.
- Feb. 12, Community Building, Ellsworth. Call (515) 832-9597 to register.
- Feb. 13, Borlaug Learning Center, Nashua. Call (641) 228-1453 to register.
- Feb 17, Washington County Extension Office, Washington. Call (319) 653-4811 to register.
- Feb. 20, Adair County Fairgrounds, Greenfield. Call (641) 743-8412 to register.
- Feb. 21, Heartland Museum, Clarion. Call (515) 532-3453 to register.
- Feb. 27, Buena Vista County Extension Office, Storm Lake. Call (712) 732-5056 to register.