The 2013 Illinois Pork Expo offers a wide slate of production seminars on Feb. 6 during the annual event on Feb. 5-6 at the Peoria (IL) Civic Center.
- Options for reducing feed costs by Hans Stein, University of Illinois;
- Utilizing manure for an environment-enhancing energy by Lance Schideman, University of Illinois;
- Foaming in deep-pit manure storages: understanding the causes by Laura Pepple, University of Illinois;
- Update on National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System permits by John Kim, director of the Illinois Environmental Protection Agency;
- PRRS filtration and other novel approaches to controlling porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome by Joe Connor, DVM, and Aaron Lower, DVM, Carthage (IL) Veterinary Service.
- Tips to achieving 2% mortality and morbidity in wean-to-finish systems by Becky Bierlein, Purina Animal Nutrition.
A panel discussion will focus on market outlook for corn, soybeans/soybean meal and hog markets.
Marketing experts will describe ways to manage your marketing risk for crops, feed inputs and hogs.
For more information and to register, visit www.ilpork.com.