Maximizing throughput is the focus of the Iowa regional conferences scheduled across the state in late February.
Speakers and topics include:
- Mark Greenwood of AgStar Financial Services, “An Eye on Profitability: Components of Production Costs;”
- Chad Stahl of Food Animal Consultation & Testing Services, “Implications of Handling and Transportation;”
- Steve White of the Iowa Department of Agriculture and Land Stewardship on the Iowa Premise Identification Program;
- James McKean, DVM, Iowa State University (ISU), on handling disease issues such as postweaning multi-systemic wasting syndrome; and
- A local ISU field specialist will talk on “Maximizing Productivity and Throughput: Reflections from Denmark.”
The conference and contacts include:
- Feb. 20, 4-9 p.m., Marshalltown, Best Western, Terry Steinhart, (641) 622-2680;
- Feb. 21, 10 a.m.-3 p.m., Ainsworth, Marr Park Conservation Center, Tom Miller, (319) 653-4811;
- Feb. 21, 4-9 p.m., Davenport, Machine Shed Restaurant, Larry McMullen, (319) 622-2680;
- Feb. 22, 10 a.m.-3 p.m., Oelwein, Luigi’s Restaurant, Mark Storlie, (563) 425-3331;
- Feb. 22, 4-9 p.m., Garner, Hancock County Extension, Russ Euken, (641) 923-2856;
- Feb. 23, 10 a.m.-3 p.m., Rock Rapids, Foster Community Center, David Stender, (712) 225-6196;
- Feb. 23, 4-9 p.m., Cherokee, Western Iowa Tech Community College, David Stender, (712) 225-6196; and
- Feb. 24, 10 a.m.-3 p.m., Carroll, The Carrolltown Inn, Jerry Weiss, (712) 335-3103.
To register call the Iowa Pork Industry Center at (800) 808-7675.