University of Illinois’ Extension and Department of Agricultural and Consumer Economics are sponsoring a series of December farm income workshops to help producers make decisions in a risky environment.
“The workshop will deal with topics that are important in the current situation of volatile crop yields and commodity prices, a changing legal environment, escalating farmland values and a changing policy environment that present significant challenges to farm operators and owners, agricultural lenders and managers of farm-related businesses,” says Darrel Good, U of I Extension marketing specialist.
Dates and locations are:
- Dec. 9: Mount Vernon, Holiday Inn;
- Dec. 14: Urbana, Holiday Inn;
- Dec. 15: Springfield, Crown Plaza Hotel;
- Dec. 16: Moline, Holiday Inn; and
- Dec. 21: Rochelle, Hickory Grove Conference Center.
Registration details are available online at http://www.farmdoc.uiuc.edu/farmincome/2005/farmincome2005.html.