Find out the latest research and best manure management practices during Manure Science Review Days at three locations in Ohio in August.
- Reducing the risk of manure flow into drainage tiles;
- Focusing on proper design of holding ponds;
- Examining costs of spreading, storage and treatment and potential income from byproduct sales;
- Reviewing all types of manure systems with a look to the future, and
- A broad look at on-farm environmental management.
The programs take place Aug. 26 at the Science Building at Ohio State University’s (OSU) Lima campus; Aug. 27 at the Fayette County Fairgrounds in Washington Court House, and Aug. 28 at Fisher Auditorium at the Ohio Agricultural Research and Development Center (OARDC), Wooster.