It is a pleasure to announce that Dr. Chris Rademacher has been hired as the new Production Improvement Director for the Western Operations. Chris will plan to start his new responsibility on July 13, 2009.
Chris was raised on a diversified farm in Minnesota. He attended the University of Minnesota and received a Bachelor of Science degree in Veterinary Science in 1996 and his Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine in 1998.
Chris has worked for New Fashion Pork as the Director of Health Strategies since graduation. He was responsible for developing overall animal health program for over million market pigs annually. He has also been responsible for designing, implementing, and executing disease eradication programs which included 25,000 sows for PRRS. He also was responsible for developing an internal bacteriology laboratory, overseeing production of boar studs, and conducting field research tests.
In Chris’ new position within the Western Operations, he will be responsible for the following:
• Developing and implementing the production system improvements.
• Leading health improvement strategies.
• Providing technical coordination among the veterinarians.
• Working as part of the management team to set the direction and strategy.
• Coordinating relationships with key suppliers and academic collaborators that will enhance operations’ profit potential.
Chris and his wife, Melissa, have three children. They plan to relocate to Iowa in the next several weeks.
Please join me in welcoming Chris to the Western Operations of Murphy Brown LLC.