Congressman Frank Lucas (R-OK), chairman of the House Agriculture Committee, has named the subcommittee chairmen for the 113th Congress.
Congressman Frank Lucas (R-OK), chairman of the House Agriculture Committee, has named the subcommittee chairmen for the 113th Congress. They are:
· Rep. Steve King (R-IA) – Department Operations, Oversight, and Nutrition; Jurisdiction: Agency oversight, review and analysis, special investigations, food stamps, nutrition and consumer programs.
· Rep. K. Michael Conaway, (R-TX) – General Farm Commodities and Risk Management; Jurisdiction: Program and markets related to cotton, cottonseed, wheat, feed grains, soybeans, oilseeds, rice, dry beans, peas, lentils, Commodity Credit Corporation, risk management, including crop insurance, commodity exchanges, and specialty crops.
· Rep. Glenn “GT” Thompson (R-PA) – Conservation, Energy and Forestry; Jurisdiction: Soil, water and resource conservation, small watershed program, energy and bio-based energy production, rural electrification, forestry (in general) and forest reserves other than those created from the public domain.
· Rep. Austin Scott (R-GA) – Horticulture, Research, Biotechnology, and Foreign Agriculture; Jurisdiction: Fruits and vegetables, honey and bees, marketing and promotion orders, plant pesticides, quarantine, adulteration of seeds and insect pests, organic agriculture, research, education and extension, biotechnology and foreign agriculture assistance and trade promotion programs.
· Rep. Rick Crawford (R-AR) – Livestock, Rural Development and Credit; Jurisdiction: Livestock, dairy, poultry, meat, seafood and seafood products, inspection, marketing and promotion of such commodities, aquaculture, animal welfare and grazing, rural development, farm security and family farming matters and agricultural credit.